Tuesday 23 June 2009

Sumptuous Saris

sari3


I found these sari lengths on my recent trip to India, I was taken to a shop that sold only cotton printed saris, they are printed on almost transparent cotton. Amid the myriad of designs I was particularly taken by these almost 70's style prints, some reminiscent of prints found on cleaning cloths in the west, others like some synthetic design from a small town timewarp dress fabric shop. What makes them really fresh and modern is the fine cotton they're printed from. They come highly starched and are almost like great folded sheets of wrapping paper, and each has a small contrast piece to make the traditional 'Choli' blouse always worn under a sari. I am hoping to develop a range of lanterns from them !


sari1

sari2

sari4

No comments:

Post a Comment