Sunday 17 May 2009

Illustrated Book of the Week - The Circus

circ2

Up 'til now, we haven’t  included ‘mainstream’ publications in our illustrated book of the week section, but this tome published by Taschen in unmissable! Firstly it is the largest book I’ve ever bought, a veritable coffee table in itself. I am in the process of looking for design inspiration for Chickensheds’ Christmas production of Pinocchio, and wanted to use the circus as a starting point. Several of the Charing Cross dealers told me of this volume published by Taschen, and when I came across it in Libertys I saw immediately that it had all the design inspiration I would be needing. The book is simply sumptuous, the photos and illustrations are amazing, the layout is gorgeous. It comes in its own cardboard carry box, which is a necessity considering the size and weight of it. It was hard to pick out pages but I think you will see from the images below what I mean.


circ3

circ6

circ7

circ4

circ10

circ9

circ8

circ5

No comments:

Post a Comment