Tuesday 24 February 2009

Spring Is Just Around The Corner III - Bernard Fleetwood-Walker

Bernard_Fleetwood-Walker_Amity

I would love to say that my profound knowledge of Twentieth century British art had led me to recall these delightful images by Bernard Fleetwood-Walker, but the truth is that I first saw his work resplendent on the cover of a Vintage paperback this weekend. I'm an instant fan.

His use of colour and the sweet optimism of his pictures key in perfectly with this week's 'Spring' theme. Like a sophisticated take on Enid Blyton's vision, it takes me back to an idyllic era of British life, filled with picnics, bicycle rides and unselfconscious beret wearing. 

fleetwood-walker
Bernard Fleetwood-Walker's work is examined in great detail at www.fleetwood-walker.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment